Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Passings


I'm a day late with this but I want to extend condolences to the families of playwright, novelist, journalist and doyenne of dialect Jeannette Layne-Clark who passed away after a battle with cancer.

She'll always be remembered for her Pampalam plays and Lickmout Lou columns, and for keeping young journalists on their toes. The one time that that Mrs. Layne-Clark had to call me was when I went against my better judgment and used a word I wasn't clear about in a broadcast. I felt as though I was in the Principal's office but she was quite cool in the end.

May she rest in peace.

I also wish to acknowledge the passing of supermarket magnet Lionel C. Hill, who passed away recently. Hill was quite a character...how many octogenarian supermarket directors do you know who would go on an all night stakeout to recover stolen pigtails?

Rest well, Lionel C. Hill.

Image: www.nationnews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment