Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Fun: Fave cancelled shows

In tv-land, it isn't always the bad shows that get cancelled; sometimes there're some pretty decent sitcoms and dramas that for one reason or other get the axe.

Here's a list of some of my fave shows that have gotten cancelled in recent years. These days I don't get to watch as much tv as I used to but when I can I like to take in Chuck (dweeby but silly fun), Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles , 24 and Ugly Betty.

I've been hearing good things about Damages, Burn Notice, Fringe and True Blood but with the little one I'll probably have to watch those on DVD sometime in future. Anyhoo, here's my Top 10:


www.impawards.com
10. Cane. It isn't every day you come across a drama in which the central cast is not only all-Hispanic, but wealthy as well. I love Jimmy Smits so I hung in there with the show, and it wasn't bad at all. Unfortunately, it got the chop last year.


www.entertainmentwallpaper.com
9. Men in Trees. Poor Anne Heche can't get a break. Just when Men in Trees seemed to be in for the long haul, it was cancelled abruptly sometime last year. Oh well, at least she got a new husband out of it....


www.televisionwithoutpity.com
8. Jericho. The premise of Jericho was that a nuclear bomb pretty much wipes out normal life in the US, except for the small town of Jerico somewhere in the midwest. I like these kinds of shows, and it had all the elements of good drama. But alas, it bit the dust despite furious protests and petitions from fans.


www.televisionwithoutpity.com
7. Everwood. Teen angst (including a boyfriend in a coma) and father-son tensions abounded in this popular drama. The snow-clad mountain scenes made me feel like taking a trip to Colorado, and I can't even stand the cold. I guess neither could the studio executives. Pity.


http://tv.popcrunch.com
6. Firefly. A show about cowboys and girls in space? Only Joss Whedon of Buffy and Angel fame could pull that off. Alas, Firefly didn't stick around as long as those shows, but at least we got a decent movie, Serenity, out of it. And I can still watch River Tam on Terminator and Jayne on Chuck. Watch the shows if you want to figure out what I mean.


www.starpulse.com
5. Moonlight. I love vampire shows, and this one was a vampire love story so I really, really liked it. And it didn't suck at all, all pun intended so I don't know why it was cancelled.


www.popsucker.net
4. Boston Legal. No more Denny Crane and Alan Shore. Boo hoo. My Monday nights will never be the same again.


www.televisionwithoutpity.com
3. Roswell. I never missed an episode of Roswell and I was surprised when the well-written show about teen aliens in the New Mexico town was axed a few years back. Since then Katherine Heigl has become a big star thanks to Grey's Anatomy and two of the other cast members are on CSI Miami.


http://blogs.pioneerlocal.com
2. Alias. I loved me some Sydney Bristow. The wigs, the fight scenes and above all, her love for Agent Michael Vaughan. However, I wasn't surprised when the show ended because the real-life relationship between Jen Garner and her co-star Michael Vartan also went kaput and that must have been awkward. Plus, that darn Rambaldi plot was too hard to follow. It was a good show for a while though, and it's missed.


http://tv.popcrunch.com
1. Prison Break. When I heard that PB was being cancelled and was in the process of wrapping up its final episodes, I had mixed feelings. As much as I love the characters, the show was never really the same since seaon one when they bust out of Fox River. I hope I see Went Miller in some more shows though - he's too pretty not to be on tv.

Send me your faves too and send me some shows which are still running but should be cancelled. Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment