Friday, June 10, 2011

Alabama Is An Illegal Immigrant Magnet?!? Seriously?!?


"Alabama governor signs tough new immigration law"

"(CNN) -- Alabama's governor has signed what he billed as tough illegal immigration legislation, requiring police to check the status of anyone they suspect may be in the country illegally when stopped for another reason."


This makes no fucking sense.

Who are these illegal Mexicans invading Alabama?

I mean, look at a U.S. map. If I'm in Mexico, I would have to cross the U.S. border into Texas, travel east across a HUGE expanse of Texas, and pass through Louisiana and Mississippi in order to get to Alabama.

1.) Why the fuck wouldn't I just stay in Texas?
2.) New Orleans or Baton Rouge are way more appealing than anything in Alabama.
3.) Mississippi...OK, I get that. Keep going.
4.) Alabama? Seriously? I've come this far, why would I stop in Alabama when I could travel just a little bit farther and be in fucking Florida!?! Once in Florida I could just tell everyone I'm Cuban and blend right in. I'm home free. Alabama?

Does the Governor of Alabama think that his new draconian legislation makes Alabama any less appealing to immigrants than the rampant poverty and racism they already have going for them?

Nothing about this makes any sense.

Unless, this is nothing but Republican grandstanding and pandering to it's illiterate, bigoted, right wing, paranoid electorate in a cheap and transparent attempt to garner redneck votes in the next election.

The it would make perfect sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment