Friday, April 17, 2009

Obama takes some early licks at Summit


Hey, peoples. Well, President Obama is in Trinidad for the Summit and the opening ceremony is underway as I type. Already President of Nicaragua Daniel Ortega Saveedra is tearing some holes in US foreign policy; Obama will have a lot of work to do to win over the leaders in this part of the region.

I can't wait to hear Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's speech. He was very pleasant when he met the President earlier, so we'll see.

Disappointingly First Lady Michele Obama stayed home, and I suspect she might have gone a long way to smooth things over with her effortless charm.

I'm watching a very drizzly, audio deficient feed from a Trini network. I'm also following on twitter here.

Latin American leaders have a reputation for being very verbose, so this ceremony could go on all night....

No comments:

Post a Comment